Carbon Neutral Edinburgh 2050: What will the city look like and how can we manage the journey there?
5.30 for 6.30-8.30pm Wed 20 June City Chambers, 253 High St EH1 1YJ.
Join a round-table conversation with key people from the City Council - elected reps & officers - with Cockburn Association, Edinburgh World Heritage, SEDA, SSEG and Edinburgh Architectural Association.
Please book via https://2050edinburgh20june.eventbrite.co.uk and Share https://www.facebook.com/events/183481605578069
From first 5,000 respondents to the 2050 Edinburgh City Vision consultation these aspirations emerged:
1. Edinburgh becoming carbon neutral
2. Eradicating poverty as we understand it today
3. Re-imagining public space in Edinburgh
4. Making Edinburgh more caring.
We'll explore how to achieve the first - and balance the many other objectives pressed on those charged with running the city:
- How can we cut emissions from our existing built heritage?
- What messages should we send to those who invest in our capital?
- How can co-benefits of transition to carbon neutral be factored in?
The event is being facilitated by Transition Edinburgh. They are holding a short annual general meeting from 5.30-6.15pm - to which all are invited.
Registration for the Round-table event with refreshments will be available from 6.15pm. The event is in the City Chambers Business Centre - entered via the main Reception of the City Chambers on the High Street.